This page contains important information about how to schedule your in-car instruction and requirements to drive during the pandemic. Please make sure you are familiar with it before you schedule your in-car instruction.
Congratulations, you have completed your online drivers ed course and are now ready to begin your in-car instruction!
When you are ready to begin, please send a group text to me at 208-340-5509 and your parents ASAP to get on our schedule. Include your first and last name and the high school you are currently attending to confirm you received this email. We will be using text to schedule your drives.
We will schedule your in-car instruction in the order you completed your online course. We are hoping to send out driving schedules within the next couple weeks. However, it may take a bit longer due to issues caused by the Coronavirus. If you are home schooled or taking online classes and able to drive during school hours, let us know, we may be able to start you sooner. If you selected priority scheduling, we will contact you if we have any cancellations and begin your in-car instruction as soon as possible.
We will meet at our Boise office located at just across from the DMV at the corner of Emerald and Benjamin at:
Idaho Driving School
8601 W Emerald St Ste 180
Boise, ID 83704
A parent or legal guardian must drop off students on the first day for a brief parent orientation and to make sure all paperwork is completed.
Student Contract and pre-drive assignment
I have attached a copy of our student contract, permission slip, and pre-drive assignment. Please complete them and bring them with you to your first drive.
In-Car Instruction drive times
We will schedule eight 45-minute drives over the course of the class. Each drive will consist of 45 minutes behind-the-wheel and 45-90 minutes of observation depending on how many students are in the car. If you signed up with a friend, please let us know and we will make sure you are offered the same times, otherwise you will be assigned students from our online classes.
We have been providing in-car instruction since the “at home order” was lifted. We haven’t had any issues, however, there is no way to ensure you have zero risk of getting the virus that causes COVID-19. So, it is important to understand the risks and know how to reduce your risk as much as possible.
If you are at all concerned about driving at this time, please let us know and we will postpone your in-car instruction until all restrictions have been lifted.
- Students must wash hands or use hand sanitizer immediately before each drive.
- While we do our best to sanitize our vehicles, it is difficult, if not impossible, to completely sanitize after every student.
- Gloves are recommended if you have any concerns.
- Masks are required.
- We require everyone to wear masks during in-car instruction and will continue to do so as much as possible until the mandate has been lifted. However, we have had some situations where a student and/or an instructor needed to remove their mask for medical, safety, or communication issues or to take a drink.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Keep windows at least partially open while driving.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- This includes, coughing, runny or stuffed up nose, fever, headache, or fatigue etc.
§ Limit contact with those in high-risk categories due to age or underlying medical conditions.
If you are not feeling well for any reason, you must cancel your drive as soon as possible before your schedule drive. If you arrive and appear to have any “symptoms” you will not be allowed to drive.
I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work thru these difficult times.
We look forward to driving with you behind the wheel!