Congratulations, you are now ready to begin your in-car instruction!
When you are ready to begin your in-car instruction, please send a group text to 208-340-5509 and your parents ASAP to get on our schedule. Include your first and last name and the high school you are currently attending. We will be using text to communicate throughout the class.
In-Car Instruction drive times
We will schedule eight 45-minute drives over the course of the class. Each drive will consist of 45 minutes behind-the-wheel and 45-90 minutes of observation depending on how many students are in the car. If you signed up with a friend, please let us know and we will make sure you are offered the same times, otherwise you will be assigned students from our online classes.
We will meet at our Boise office located at just across from the DMV at the corner of Emerald and Benjamin at:
Idaho Driving School
8601 W Emerald St Ste 180
Boise, ID 83704
A parent or legal guardian must drop off students on the first day for a brief parent orientation and to make sure all paperwork is completed.
Please print, read and complete the student contract, permission slip, and pre-drive assignment and bring them with you on your first day.
We have struggled with whether to continue in-car instruction throughout this crisis and have done our best to comply with all CDC and CHD recommendations since the pandemic started; including, canceling classes and in-car instruction, reducing class size, requiring masks and gloves, sanitizing etc. We have been monitoring the situation and it appears things are improving. CHD has lifted the mask mandate for Ada County, the governor has said we have reached a turning point and the worst is behind us and the Vaccine is now available to anyone 12 and over in Idaho and has been proven successful.
We are excited for the future and look forward to getting back to normal as soon as possible. We have had no issues since the pandemic started. However, we will continue our vigilance and encourage the standards we have developed to keep our instructors and students safe.
You must be willing and able to comply with these requirements to begin your in-car instruction.
- Students must wash hands or use hand sanitizer immediately before each drive.
- While we do our best to sanitize our vehicles, it is difficult, if not impossible, to completely sanitize after every student.
- Gloves are recommended if you have any concerns.
- Effective April 1, 2021 we will no longer mandate masks. However, you may still choose to wear a mask.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Keep windows at least partially open while driving.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- This includes, coughing, runny or stuffed up nose, fever, headache, or fatigue etc.
- Limit contact with those in high-risk categories due to age or underlying medical conditions throughout the class.
If you are not feeling well for any reason, you must stay home. If you arrive and appear to have any “symptoms” you will not be allowed to drive or attend class. We will make arrangements to make up any missed drives.
There is no way to ensure you have zero risk of getting the virus that causes COVID-19, so it is important to understand the risks and know how to reduce them as much as possible. If you would rather postpone your in-car instruction, please let us know.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email, Robert@IdahoDrivingSchool.com, call 208-362-6000 or text 208-340-5509.
I appreciate your patience as we work through this crisis and look forward to driving with you behind the wheel!